Allied Health Research Databases
Home > Article Databases > Allied Health Research Databases
- You will need to obtain your username and password from you instructor. The name and password changes every semester!
- Academic OneFile
- Academic OneFile is great for both popular and peer-reviewed full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. With extensive coverage of current events, physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, Academic OneFile is an excellent resource for general research.
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Premier contains indexing and full text for 4515 journals. This collection provides both scholarly and popular journal coverage for nearly all academic areas of study - including social sciences, humanities, education, computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts & literature, medical sciences and ethnic studies. Academic Search Premier is a great resource for general research.
- CINAHL With Full Text
- The online version of Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature, CINAHL covers nursing, allied health, biomedical and consumer health journals, publications of the American Nursing Association, and the National League for Nursing. Now includes the CINAHL Thesaurus and full text of over 300 important nursing and clinical journals.
- Care Notes
- You must obtain a username and password to use this resource from your home computer. Contact your instructor or the reference desk.
Care Notes helps medical professionals educate patients about certain conditions. Contains 2500 English and 2500 Spanish documents that address patient condition, treatment, follow-up care, psychosocial issues, continuing health, and the most frequently administered drugs.
- Communication And Mass Media Complete
- Communication & Mass Media Complete provides articles and other research materials in areas related to communication and mass media. CMMC offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 420 journals, and selected coverage of nearly 200 more, for a combined coverage of more than 600 titles. Furthermore, this database includes full text for 301 journals in the areas of communication, mass media, speech, and much more!
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL)
- GVRL is a collection of online reference books on a variety of topics including Business, History, Literature, Medicine, Social Science, Technology and many more. Pages and chapters from this collection can be printed and emailed.
- HAZMAT Zone
- Online full text access to MSDS Data Sheets, tutorials working with chemical hazards in the workplace and a MSDS glossary.
User Name: codlib
- Health Reference Center Academic
- This multi-source database provides access to indexing of hundreds of nursing and allied health journals, plus a wide variety of personal health information sources. Includes the full text and images of respected nursing, allied health and medical journals; consumer health magazines; newsletters; pamphlets; newspaper articles; topical overviews; and reference books.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- This resource provides access to nearly 300 full text, consumer health periodicals. This database also includes searchable full text for more than 1,000 health-related pamphlets and more than 140 health reference books. Also contains 7,000 Clinical Reference Systems reports (in English and Spanish); Clinical Pharmacology, which provides access to 1,100 drug monograph entries and 2,700 patient education fact sheets; and Stedmanís Medical Dictionary. This database covers topics such as AIDS, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, aging, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, childrenís health, womenís health, etc.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- This resource provides 600 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Coverage of nursing and allied health is particularly strong. In addition, this database includes the Clinical Pharmacology database, providing access to up-to-date, concise and clinically relevant drug monographs for all U.S. prescription drugs, hard-to-find herbal and nutritional supplements, over-the-counter products and new drugs.
- Journals Of The Society Of Nuclear Medicine
- This is an online index of the Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology. Go to the Library for these journals.
- Complete National Library of Medicine database.
- Medline Plus Consumer Health--NLM
- MEDLINEplus has extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other trusted sources on over 600 diseases and conditions. There are also lists of hospitals and physicians, a medical encyclopedia and a medical dictionary, health information in Spanish, extensive information on prescription and nonprescription drugs, health information from the media, and links to thousands of clinical trials.
- Micromedex Health Care Series
- You must obtain a username and password to use this resource from your home computer. Contact your instructor or the reference desk. MICROMEDEX Healthcare Series provides full-text information supporting clinical care decisions including: drug monographs and evaluations, drug dosages and interactions, drug product identification, reproductive risks, toxicity management, alternative medicine/herbal preparations information, acute/emergency care guidelines, drug, disease and condition information for patients, laboratory test information, dosage calculators, nomograms, and references
- Pub Med--National Library Of Medicine
- Provides access to over 12 million MEDLINE citations back to the mid-1960's and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related sources
- Testing And Education Reference Center
- This resource contains:
Over 300 practice tests and courses, including ASE and NCLEX.
Dozens of ebooks containing valuable study material and practice tests.
Information on over 4,000 accredited schools.
Scholarship search featuring $8 billion in available scholarships.
Career modules covering subjects from career change to salary negotiations.
Home > Article Databases > Allied Health Research Databases