This unit will show you how to find and get your hands on actual sources.
- Determine the nature of a source from a citation
- Use citations to find physical sources
- Locate sources using classification systems
- Understand library collections and services
Library Learning Outcomes
(Click for full list of learning outcomes)
After this module, the student should be able to:
- 2a. Determine available resources and services at the College of DuPage Library.
- 2b. Understand the characteristics and value of different types of resources (books, periodicals, Web sites) and their different formats (print, electronic).
- 3b. Identify the components of a citation and differentiate between types of sources, such as book or periodical.
- 3c. Use the components of a citation to choose those sources most suitable for the research project.
- 4a. Determine whether sources are in the Library, online, or available by alternate means.
- 4b. Understand the different ways that resources are organized.
- 4c. Retrieve locally owned resources in a variety of formats such as books, articles, microform, and full-text.