Criminal Justice 1152 Research Guide
Research a Criminal Law topic using resources suggested in this Research Guide. Possible topics might include: Hate crimes; Domestic violence; Identity theft and Illinois; Role of computers in Criminal Justice; Women in Illinois jails and prisons; Racial profiling and Illinois; Marijuana decriminalization in Illinois; Illinois deadly force laws; Search warrant requirement exceptions; Drugs and crime; Rights of crime victims; Homicides in Chicago; Oregon's Death with DIgnity Act; Alberto Gonzales v. Google, Inc.; NSA domestic wiretaps and eavesdropping.
___Books - Reference
Begin your research in the Reference area to obtain an overview or summary of your selected topic.
- Crime and the Justice System in America: An Encyclopedia - General HV 6789 .C 6884 1997
- Encyclopedia of Prisons and Correctional Facilities Ref HV 9471
- Encyclopedia of Crime and Justice Ref HV 6017 .E52
- Encyclopedia of Crime and Punishment - Ref HV 6017 .E524
- Encyclopedia of Criminology
Ref HV 6017 .E5295
- Encyclopedia of High-Tech Crime and Crime Fighting - Ref HV 6773 .N48
- Encyclopedia of Women and Crime - Ref HV 6046 .E56
- Encyclopedia of Police Science Ref HV 7901
- Encyclopedia of the American Judicial System - General KF 154 .E 53 1987
- Gales Encyclopedia of American Law Ref KF 154 .W47
- Guns in American Society - Ref HV 7436 .G8783
- Hate Crimes Law - Ref KF4749 .W36
- The Oxford Guide to American Supreme Court Decisions. Reference KF 4548 .O 97 1999.
- The Philosophy of Law: An Encyclopedia - Ref K 204 .P 49 1999
___Books - General
Search the COD Library Catalog to find a book or a chapter in a book in the General area of the Library that goes into greater detail on the topic.
Find an article on your topic on one of the Library databases. You must have a valid College of DuPage library
card to access the electronic indexes and databases from off-campus.
for citing your sources using MLA, APA, and other formats.
Dan Blewett , Reference Librarian
Reference Desk: (630) 942-3364