Sociology Research Guide
Find Overview or Background Information
Find Books, Videos and Other Audiovisual Materials
Find Articles in Magazines & Journals
You must have a valid College of DuPage library card to access the sociology article databases from off-campus.
Find Web Sites
The following Web sites are portals to sociology information that provide numerous links to still other portals, electronic journals, listservs, data archives and full-text publications. For your sociology course papers and projects, be sure to evaluate the Web sites that you find. Use the C.O.D. Library's "Evaluating Web Sites" Web page to determine the reliability of a Web site.
Write a Paper
- Help from the C.O.D. Library with citing sources
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association [APA] .
The "Bible" for APA style papers and reference lists.
Reference & General BF 76.7.P83
- Style Guide of the American Sociological Association (ASA) from Purdue Univ. OWL
- Style Guide of the American Sociological Association (ASA). Reference HM 569 .A 54.
- APA Style Guide to Electronic References [electronic book]
Reference & General BF 76.7 .P832
- Concise Rules of APA Style.
Reference & General BF 76.7 .C66 2005
- APA: The Easy Way! General BF 76.7. H68 2007
- APA Style Helper: Software for New Writers in the Behavioral Sciences
Use on your computer to create a APA style paper and reference list.
Reference, General & Circulation Desk BF 76.6 .P832 2005 [CD-ROM]
Dan Blewett , Reference Librarian
(630) 942-2279 Office: SRC 3035
Reference Desk: (630) 942-3364
Ask A Librarian for Research Help
C.O.D. Library web site http://www.cod.edu/library
STUDENT SURVEY FORM