Marketing 2210 Research Guide
Sample Products and Marketing Plans
- Business Plans Handbook - Ref HD 62.7 .B865
Contains business plans for small businesses. Most include a marketing component.
Look at examples of marketing plans.
- Look for books in our collection that are titled " How to start ". We have over 75 specific businesses covered.
- The Business Plan (streaming video) 27 minutes in length - Available online with a library card
This program spotlights two very different small-business owners-a physical therapist and a performance artist-who have something very important in common: a business plan. Over the course of the video, Peter Dolan and Neda Rahmani talk about the key components of a business plan: the executive summary and overview, the operations plan, the marketing plan, and the financial plan. Expert commentary is provided by Nicole Donegan, a business growth adviser with 20 years' experience in B2B and professional services marketing
- Business Strategies - HD 28 .B8 (Ref)
Up-to-date information on all aspects of starting and running a small business.
- State of Illinois Business Portal
Information on starting, running and changing a business in Illinois.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
The SBA has gathered a wide variety of resources for starting, financing and expanding your business anywhere in the United States.
Industry / Marketing Environment
- Business Source Complete
Read articles about the industry and market that you're in.
Select the 'Industries' tab and then the 'Browse Industries' section. Find a fact sheet, selected companies, news and web resources about your industry and/or product.
- Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage
Read about major U.S. industries.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center
Offers access to research and independent opinions on publicly traded companies. Use this database to find out trends among your competitors and market.
- Regional Business News
Provides full text for more than 80 regional US and Canadian business publications (including titles from Crain Communications
- Plunkett's Industry Almanacs
Plunkett Reasearch offers industry trends, statistics, marketing research, sales leads and corporate profiles. We currently own titles in over 14 unique areas. E-books are available online 24/7 with a library card.
- Market Share Reporter - Ref HF 5415.2 .M3
Check here for market share data about your product.
Target Market / Demographics
BusinessDecision Academic provides reliable data and graphic reports to support research and class projects, including development of business, strategic, and marketing plans and demographic analysis for other fields such as public health, urban planning, sociology and public administration. Using BusinessDecision Academic, researchers can evaluate potential sites for new stores; evaluate market penetration; perform competitive analyses and more �
- Household Spending: Who Spends How Much on What - Ref HC 110 .C6 H6
Helpful for drawing a demographic profile of your target market.
- American FactFinder
Source for current U.S. social, demographic and economic statistics.
Use this database if you are looking for business markets (as opposed to consumers) for
This excellent international business web site is maintained by Michigan State University.
- USCS's Market Research Library
Source for Market Research Reports, Country Commerical Guides, and Best Market Reports.
Advertising / Promotion
- Search the Library Catalog for books or videos on winning advertisements and commercials under the following Subjects:
'television advertising', 'advertising'
- Chicago Creative Directory - HF 5805 .C4 C4 (Ref)
- Direct Marketing List Source - HF5861 .D5 (Ref)
- Local Online Advertising for Dummies - HF6146.I58 C86 2010
- Social Networking for Business - Available online with library card
- The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Market, Sell and Innovate - HD30.37 .S49 2011
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Social Media Marketing - HF5415.1265 .A24 2010
- Facebook Factor: Social Networking for Profit - Available online with library card
- Custom surveys within your budget : maximizing profits through effective online research design - HF5415.2 .C66 2010
Christine Kickels, Reference Librarian