Engineering Research Guide
Links to databases indexing magazine, journal and newspaper articles
Books, videos and other audiovisuals
Find backgound information, illustrations and data
- Chemical Properties Handbook : Physical, Thermodynamic, Environmental, Transport, Safety, and Health Related Properties for Organic and Inorganic Chemicals . Reference TP 200 .Y35 1999
- Dictionary of Computer Science, Engineering and Technology. Reference QA 76.15 .D5258 2001
- Dictionary of Energy Efficient Technologies. Reference TJ 163.28 .H67 2004
- Dictionary of Engineering Terms online
- Electronics Engineers' Handbook. Reference TK 7825 .E34 1997
- EC&M's Electrical Calculations Handbook. Reference TK 151 .P355 2000
- Encyclopedia of Architectural and Engineering Feats . Reference NA 200 .L32 2001
- Encyclopedia of Applied Physics . 23 vols. Reference QC 5 .E543 1991
- Encyclopedia of Bridges and Tunnels. Reference TG9 .J64 1997 2002
- Eshbach's Handbook of Engineering Fundamentals. Reference TA 151 .E8 1989
- Handbook of Electronic Formulas, Symbols, and Definitions. Reference TK 7825 .B7
- IEEE 100: the Authoritative Dictionary of IEEE Standards Terms.. Reference TK 9 .I28 2000
- Illustrated Dictionary of Electronics. Reference TK 7804 .G497 2001
- Instrument Engineers' Handbook. Reference TS 156.8 .I56 2003
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology. Reference TP 9 .E685
- Macmillan Encyclopedia of Energy. 3 vols. Reference TJ 163.28 .M33 2001
- Mark's Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers. Reference TJ 151 .S52 1987
- McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Engineering. Reference TA 9 .M35 1997
- McGraw Hill Handbook of Essential Engineering Information and Data. Reference TA 151 .M34 1991
- Mechanisms & Mechanical Devices Sourcebook. Reference TJ 181 .S28 2001
- Reference Guide to Famous Engineering Landmarks of the World: Bridges, Tunnels, Dams, Roads and Other Structures. Reference TA 15 .B42 1998
- Ugly's Electrical References. Reference TK 151 .H28 2002
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. 24 vols. Reference TK 9 .W55 1999
Internet Science Sites
Major science gateways
Comprehensive search engine for science-specific topics. Results cite Science Web sites and provide abstracts from Medline, Science Direct, U.S. Patent office documents and more.
The gateway to government science information. Provides access to over 47 million pages of government science information from 30 databases and 1700 websites, many part of the "deep web" that is inaccesible to search engines.
Internet Engineering Sites
- ASCE: American Society of Civil Engineers
Use the ASCE Online Research Library to locate articles from all disciplines of civil engineering. Title, authors and abstract are retrieved, although full text is available on-line to ASCE online subscribers only.Can also view Table on Contents and abstracts for 30 ASCE online journals. See Library Reference Desk for interlibrary loan information.
- College of DuPage Library Physics Research Guide
Links to physics information and websites with much valuable data for engineers.
- Engineers Edge
Data and explanations of such engineering and physics concepts as fluid flow, strength of materials, hydraulics, corrosion, and more.
- Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record
From the American Memory Project, 350,000 drawings, plus photographs, and histories of over 35,000 structures from the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) and the Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) collectionsof the Library of Congress. Searchable by subject and place.
- How Everyday Things Are Made
Stanford University's Alliance for Innovative Manufacturing sponsors this streaming video guide
to 40 different products and manufacturing processes. Includes 4 hours of manufacturing video.
- Intute: Engineering Web Resources
Useful guide to sites in fields of engineering.
- Martindale's Reference Desk: Engineering
Links to numerous engineering websites.
- Ultimate Civil Engineering Directory
Gateway to the "top ten" civil engineering sites, plus building codes, structures, and organizations.
- Virtual Laboratory of Engineering and Science from Johns Hopkins University
10 internet-based simulations of experiments in engineering.
- Yahoo's Index of Engineering Links
Search for information by engineering subject categories or by keyword.
Citing sources: MLA and APA