Arun Gandhi Research Guide
Mr. Gandhi Speaks at COD on the night of October 28, 2008
(Click here for the Event's web page)
Outline of the Library of Congress Classification System (what COD uses to shelve its books).
Other Nearby Public and Academic Libraries
Other Related C.O.D. Library Research Guides
Genocide and Human Rights,
Global Studies Resources,
You must have a valid College of DuPage library
card to access the electronic indexes and databases from off-campus.
- Academic OneFile (formerly Expanded Academic Index ASAP). An index to over 2500 magazines and journals covering a variety of topic areas including anthropology. This database provides references, abstracts, and many times the full-text of articles. A COD library card is required for off-campus use.
- Academic Search Premier [EBSCOhost]1984 to present; 1990 to present- full text). Abstracts from nearly 3000 journals and full text for 1250 journals including general reference, education, social sciences, humanities, general science, multi-cultural studies, library and information science.
- Blackwell Synergy. This is an index of articles published in journals that are printed by the Blackwell company. A wide variety of topics and journals are covered, but you only get bibliographic citations, no full-text articles. You can select a particular subject area to search in, or you can select a specific journal to search in by clicking on the broad subject, then selecting a small subject area from that next page, then selecting the particular journal title on the third page. You can move through the categories by clicking on the plus sign [+] to the left of the category name.
- FindArticles.com. Citations to millions of journal articles.
- The Free Library. A database of free magazine and journal articles.
- Google Scholar. This provides access to many free full-text articles, as well as citations to many other articles.
- The Humanist. (Journal of the American Humanist Association, online material)
- IngentaConnect. This is an index to millions of journal articles, book chapters, reports, and more. Most are NOT available as full-text online items.
- International Humanist News. Free online full-text.
- JSTOR: Scholarly Journals Archive of Older Issues.
- Newspapers (ProQuest) (1980's-present).Full-text of four major national
newspapers including the New York Times.
- Open Access Journals Directory (free full-text journal articles)
- Project MUSE. This database provides citations and abstracts only.
- PsychInfo. For psychology journal articles.
- SocIndex with Full-Test . References & abstracts for
journals for political science and other related social science
- More COD Library journal and newspaper article databases.
- Does the C.O.D. Library own the journal that I need?
of the Difference Between Magazines and Journals
to Read a Research Study Article.
Library Reference Desk: 630-942-3364
Dan Blewett, Reference Librarian
Office: SRC 3033 FAX: 630-858-8757