Information Technology Mission/Purpose
The Office of Information Technology will provide the highest quality
technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate
the College mission as it applies to the management, teaching, learning,
and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia,
voice, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into
the basic mission of the college through planning, programming, training,
consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the College's enterprise networks to provide
high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative
information systems to support instructional, administrative and research
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic
data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Provide capabilities including the ability to develop and manage the
distribution (and marketing) through broadcast, narrowcast, broadband,
software, the Web and other telecommunications technologies College programs,
products and services both within and beyond the College district.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through
the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in
the use of technology
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.