Blackboard: Downloading Grades from the Grade Center
If you want use Blackboard to record your grades and then print them to turn in, you'll need to know how to download the Grade Center.
Watch the Download Grades video for step-by-step instructions, or follow the steps below to download your grades:
- Open a course in Blackboard and navigate to the Control Panel.
- In the Grade Center section, open the Full Grade Center.
- After the Grade Center opens, click Work Offline (far right) and select Download.
- The Download Grades screen will appear. In Section 1, for Select Data to Download, click the radio button, Full Grade Center.
- In Section 2, be sure Tab is selected.
Decide if you want to see Hidden Information.
- Click the Submit button in Section 4.
- On the next screen, click the Download button.
- A dialog box asks if you want to open or save the file. Click Open.
- Excel will open with the class roster and grades. Note: When opening the Excel file, you may receive a warning, similar to the one below. Click the Yes button.
- Excel will open and display the class list and student scores. Now you must save the document.
- Save the file by clicking File in the upper menu. Select Save As.
- Navigate to a location to save the file.
- Enter a file name (refer to Division guidelines).
- Important! In the Save as type box, select Excel Workbook from the dropdown menu. Do NOT use the default selection, Unicode Text.
- Click Save.
You may send this saved file to your Division as an electronic record of your students' grades.