Online UAV Part 107 Prep
This course will provide students with the necessary information to successfully complete the Federal Aviation Administration's Part 107 Examination, also known as the Remote Pilot Airmen Certificate. This certificate, along with completion of proper FAA paperwork, will allow students to operate a small unmanned aerial system for commercial purposes. Additionally, this course provides a comprehensive overview of small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) activities as it pertains to public safety officials.
Note: This course is an online course. The class will be open for 6 weeks on Blackboard.
- Understanding of small Unmanned Aerial Systems, missions and capabilities including fixed wing vs. rotary aircraft, controller interfaces, navigation and positioning methods and sUAS mission examples
- Understand sUAS Airspace classification, operating requirements, and flight restrictions
- Knowledge of Small Unmanned Aircraft loading, sensors and emergency procedures
- Understanding of applicable sUAS aviation weather sources
- Demonstrate knowledge of sUAS crew resource management, radio communications and airport operation as they apply to sUAS
- Understand physiological factors affecting sUAS pilot performance
- Understand the performance of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate aeronautical decision making and judgment
- Understanding of maintenance and preflight inspection procedures on sUAS
- Remote Pilot Test Prep 2018- UAS: Study and Prepare; ASA Test Prep Board, Aviation Supplies & Academics, Incorporated; ISBN 9781619545595
- FAA Part 107 Study Guide with sample questions https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf
- Instructor provided content, lecture materials and media
Monday, Mar. 19 to April 30, 2018
Online course, $299
Footage provided by Sergeant Mark Kozeluh of the Riverdale Police Department. Successfully completed our UAV Part 107 Prep Course. "I would have never passed without the class."
- Click on the “Continuing Education Classes” link in the right column.
- On the next page, click on “Homeland Security Training Institute Classes”
- Follow the steps to register.
For any questions, call (630) 942-3723.