Mental Health Conference
Northern Illinois Mental Health Training & Resource Fair for Police/Police Social Workers
With mental health calls on the rise, don't miss this Mental Health training which attendees can pick 2 of 6 breakout sessions and build collaborative relationships with up to 40 mental health providers to increase community resourcing. (Limited to 150 attendees)
Thursday, January, 18, 2018
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
SSG Miller Homeland Security Education Center (HEC)
Attendees can choose from two of six morning training seminars:
Seminars: 8:30 to 9:45 a.m.
- Self-Injury - Dr. Erin Terada- Linden Oaks Behavioral Health
- Adolescent Brain Development** - Dr. Chris Watson -Northwest Behavioral Health Services
- Hoarding (property & animals) Why it begins, the process and treatment- Dr. Brandon DeJong - Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health
Resource Fair Networking: 9:45 to 10:15 a.m.
Seminars: 10:15 to 11:30 a.m.
- Opiate and Alcohol Addition: The journey, recovery and the risks of both - Matt Quinn- Rosecrance
- School Anxiety and Refusal** - Jacqueline Rhew LCPC- Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health
- Integration of Psychological First Aid for Crime Victims - Dr. Carrie Steiner-First Responder Wellness Center
**These sessions are recommended for Police School Liaison Officers
Resource Fair Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Lunch: Noon to 1 p.m. - catered
Seminar: 1 to 4 p.m.
Understanding Trauma, PTSD, Moral Injury: What Americans Need to Know Now - Keynote Speaker: Dr. John Mundt. Located in Mock Courtroom room 1022
Rosecrance: Offer CEU's for Police Social Workers
To Register: Contact Leah Cameron at (630) 942-3427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to register is January 5, 2018
- Adolescent Growth
- Alexian Brothers Centers for Mental Health
- Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital
- Braden Counseling Center
- Ben Gordon Center - DeKalb
- Benchmark Psychiatric Services, Ingalls
- Breaking Free, Inc.
- Camelot-Autism Speaks, Naperville
- Care Clinics, Inc.
- Catholic Charities
- CDH Behavioral
- CIT International
- Cook County Mental Health Center
- DuPage Mental Health Center
- Ecker Center
- Giant Steps, Lisle
- Harborview Recovery
- Journeys (cook Pads)
- Kane County Mental Health Ct- Juvenile Justice
- Kenneth Young
- KP Counseling _(Northern IL)
- Latino Treatment Center
- Linden Oaks
- Lutheran Services of Illinois
- MRODS in Geneva
- NAMI DuPage
- Northeast DuPage Family and Youth Services
- Omni Youth Services
- PADS of DuPage County
- Renz Addiction
- Rogers Behavioral Health
- Salvation Army Harbor Lite
- Serenity House
- South Suburban Pads
- Stepping Stones
- Streamwood Behavioral
- Sunspire Health Heartland-Gilman
- Timberline Knolls
- Tools for Life
- Treatment Placement Specialists-Acadia
- Veterans Affairs