Critical First Aid
This intense 8-hour tactical first-aid course is designed to provide State and Federal agents, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters and Medics the training to render lifesaving care at the point of injury. Students will learn how to apply Critical First-Aid procedures while they are engaged in unconventional emergencies such as terrorist attacks, lone-wolf attacks and active shooters. From a tactical perspective, the emphasis of this course is to teach students to recognize the right time to render care as well as the skills needed to effectively increase survivability and complete the mission.
- Levels of care (Care Under Threat, Direct Field Care and Pre-Transport Care)
- Personal Protective Equipment considerations
- Hemorrhage control with tourniquets, pressure bandages and Combat Gauze
- Controlling penetration injuries to the chest
- Intro to tactical triage
- Preventing and impeding secondary injuries such as hypothermia
- Communicating Critical First-Aid interventions to paramedics when turning over casualties
for transport to long term definitive care
This training will be conducted by Marco Mendoza and James Lynch, founders of RETTIE Training Solutions. Marco and James are veteran Navy Corpsman with a combined 18 years experience in tactical field medicine. Together they have four deployments in support of the Global War on Terror and certifications from the military as Tactical Combat Casualty Care Instructors.
Thursday, October 25
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., $95
Robert J. Miller Homeland Security Education Center (HEC)