Search Warrant Preparation and Execution
This popular curriculum was designed at the request of
officers who wanted practical guidance concerning legal considerations
in the preparation of basic complaints and warrant execution. The course
includes “hands-on” practical exercises in the fundamentals
of preparing complaints and warrants and includes the law regarding
entries, searching and controlling occupants.
• Practical considerations in drafting warrants.
• Insuring that information is not “stale”.
• Making the “probable cause” showing.
• Meeting the “particularity” requirement.
• Techniques for protecting informant identity from disclosure.
• Warrant execution, including “no-knock” execution.
• Controlling the scene
**Cancellations for this
class must be received by SLEA 35 days prior to the start of the program
in order to avoid being billed!**
back to top of page