IS 700.A Introduction to the National Incident Management System
If you have emergency management responsibilities you need to know about
the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the framework our nation
incident management at all jurisdictional levels regardless of the cause,
size, or complexity of an incident. NIMS allows us to work together
to prepare for, prevent, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the
effects of disasters and emergencies of all sorts. This workshop offers
participants a working knowledge of NIMS and also allows them to apply
that knowledge to timely and practical real-world exercises. A FEMA
certificate of completion is provided after passing the course examination.
• Describe the intent of NIMS.
• Describe the key concepts and principles underlying NIMS.
• Describe the purpose of the NIMS Components including: Preparedness,
Communications and Information Management, Resource Management, and
Command and Management.
• Describe the purpose of the National Integration Center.
• Conduct exercises on simulated incidents.
• Prepare participants to complete the course examination and
receive the FEMA certificate of completion.
**Cancellations for this class must be received
by SLEA 35 days prior to the start of the program in order to avoid being
to top of page