Emergency Response Model
for Businesses, Government and First Responders
Emergency Response Model course provides an overview of responding when
an emergency strikes your community. This class is designed for the
security director, first responder, and business owner to teach them
how to handle the incident properly and effectively. An emergency or
disaster can occur at any time and have serious consequences to the
public; are you prepared for when that time comes? Real life emergency
responses will be discussed and the course will include a practical
• Examine the 9/11 World Trade Center attack and lessons learned.
Discuss the challenges that first responders had and ways to mitigate
these issues in the future.
• Understand some of the issues faced by first responders to Hurricane
Katrina as well as Hurricane Sandy.
• Learn what federal Assistance is available to you regarding
training, funding, and disaster relief.
• Develop a clear understanding of the importance of proper communication.
• Develop a training program for all employees in these situations
as well as policy and procedures.
• Depart the class with a better understanding of an emergency
responders’ many responsibilities and the ability to handle each
• Participate in an emergency event exercise utilizing the Incident
Command System and learn how to effectively mitigate the effects of
**Cancellations for this class must be received
by SLEA 35 days prior to the start of the program in order to avoid
to top of page