Office Technology Information 1200
MS Office for Professional Staff - Online
What will I learn in this course?
Learn to use —Microsoft's latest application software. This course will introduce you to basic computer concepts including an overview of MS Office software —Windows, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Windows—Learn to manage files effectively: create and delete files/folders; copy, move, and rename files/folders; multitask with window-based software programs, and much more!
- Internet Explorer—Navigate the Web more successfully. Learn to work with hyperlinks, browsing controls, printing, and more!
- Word—Use word processing features to create, format, and revise professional-looking business documents.
- Excel—Learn to manipulate data efficiently by creating spreadsheet files and charts.
- Access—Learn Access basics to store, organize, and manage information in a sophisticated manner.
- PowerPoint—Learn to develop effective presentations.
- Perform integration of files through Object Linking and Embedding between Word and Excel; Word and PowerPoint; and PowerPoint and Excel.
What should I know before taking this course?
- How to type—keyboarding skills recommended.
- How to attach a file—must be familiar with e-mail communication. Students will send assignments to instructor by attaching assignment files to e-mail messages.
- Have access to correct software—this course requires you to use Microsoft Office. If you do not have this software available to you, you may use any of the computer labs at College of DuPage. They are equipped with this software. If you are not near College of DuPage, contact your local library or community college to see if this software is available at these locations.
- Have correct browser—you will need a Internet browser. PC users must use Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher for your browser. This course is not supported for MAC users. The recommended browser may be downloaded at no cost or may be purchased for a nominal fee at a software retail outlet.
Copyright © 2007
College of DuPage