> Improve Power Point Presentations
> Add your Voice to Presentations for Online Delivery
> Create Podcasts
> Use Voicethread to Engage Your Students
> Create Screencasts to Show Your Students "How-To"
> Learn About Digital Story Telling and How to Incorporate it into Your Teaching
Welcome to Multimedia for Online Teaching!
In this course you will be creating a variety of multimedia projects while learning about multimedia theory, visual literacy, design principles, and how these concepts translate to improved learning. If you are thinking about becoming an educator or if you are already teaching and want to improve your skills, this is the class for you!
Principles of visual literacy and multimedia theory as they produce a variety of multimedia projects to be used in an online environment.
Upon successful completion of this course the student should be able to do the following:
1. Evaluate current research in multimedia theory
2. Apply basic elements and principles of design to enhance student learning
3. Identify appropriate media tools to produce effective multimedia projects
4. Create audio/video instructional materials with the use of Web 2.0 online tools
5. Demonstrate current best practices and theory in designing a slide presentation, podcast, and screencast
6. Use copyright and fair use guidelines within multimedia presentations
7. Prepare a digital portfolio
Structure of the course
This course is delivered totally online with assignments/projects due weekly. Consistent access to a computer/Internet and knowing how to operate a computer including: Internet browsing, word processing, e-mail attachments, transfer files and the ability to copy and paste efficiently, are necessary to take this course. This is not a self-paced course and you are expected to login several times per week. Please understand that online classes require about the same amount or more time to be successful as a 'regular' class. This is a 3 credit hour class and it is expected that you spend at least 7-9 hours per week on the course.
How do I enroll?
Prior to registration, it is strongly suggested that all students access each area in COD Online to see if online learning is suitable for them. Students meeting the requirements can enroll by calling the College of DuPage at 630.942.3948 or register online.
Multimedia for Online Teaching (Education 2740) is a three credit hour course.