How to Make a Report to the Behavioral Intervention Team
The Behavioral Intervention Team wants to respond quickly to provide assistance when it's needed. But we need your help. All students and employees should consider it their responsibility to report concerning behaviors. It helps make our campus safer for all.
To report non-emergencies:
- Complete the Student Concern/Incident Report
- Telephone message line: (630) 942-2485. Messages and reports will be retrieved periodically during regular business hours.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the BIT need to know?
- Student, faculty or staff member's name and ID number (if known)
- Brief factual description of the incident or behavior
- Direct quotes whenever possible
- Location and time the incident occurred
- Names and contact information of witnesses
- Your name, position an complete contact information *
- All related emails or other related information you have
Providing as much information as possible is essential. Always save voice recordings, text messages and emails on the device that received them.
Confidentiality: Balancing your right to privacy with individual and public protection
COD works hard to protect its students and employees right to privacy. The Behavioral Intervention Team does the same.
FERPA (the law that protects the privacy of students' education records) does not prohibit or restrict employees or students from reporting potential problems. When people might be at risk, it's important that observers share what they've seen.
Once an incident is reported and investigated, records and proceedings of the Behavioral Intervention Team are kept confidential and shared only on a "need to know" basis in a manner that is consistent with COD policies and the College's obligations under applicable law, including FERPA.
Please if you see a potential problem, report it. Help keep our campus, our students and our employees safe
Behavioral Intervention Team
24-hour DuPage County Crisis Line: (630) 627-1700
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage