If you have chosen a major, seek assistance from a faculty member who teaches in your area of interest. You may select from among your current or former instructors, or any full-time faculty teaching in a discipline related to your major.
Faculty Advisor can assist students with the following issues:
- Course selection specific to their major
- Fulfilling general education requirements
- Concerns or questions about prerequisites for a specific major
- Transfer programs in their major/area of interest
- Special agreements with transfer schools for specific degree programs
- Unofficial progress check toward graduation
- Prerequisites for limited admission programs
- Competency exams when an existing exam is not in place
- Advice and information on transfer schools that would meet your academic goals
Finding a Faculty Advisor
If you know the faculty member's name, you can search the Faculty Directory to find an office location, phone number and email address.
If you know your major, you can search the Programs, Certificates and Degrees page and select the appropriate degree program. Advisors are listed on each program web site.
If you are unsure which majors relate to your career and educational goals, make an appointment with a counselor for assistance.
If you are unable to locate a specific advisor's contact information, contact the division office (usually provided at the top of the program page) or the Counseling and Advising Center for a referral.
Counseling and Advising Center
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200