What PTC Does
The PTAC provides one-on-one counseling services to existing businesses at no charge. Our services include:
- Customized computerized bid opportunity matching – this is a service that conducts opportunity searching through keyword terminology (words/terms you would use describing your product/service). The system searches over 1400 sites per day identifying opportunities at the local, state and federal level. Clients, ideally, receive one email per day that provides the link to individual opportunities.
- One-on-One counseling, customized assistance. If an opportunity is identified from the bid match above, we recommend follow up counseling utilizing our contracting expertise for bid/proposal creation insight. After award, we can assist with contract compliance. Our services include contract pre-award and post-award analysis.
- GSA Schedules – assistance in identifying the appropriate GSA Schedule, creation of bid packet to be addressed and one-on-one guidance through submittal. After GSA Schedule contract award, we offer compliance and marketing assistance.
- Market research – identification of the Small Business Specialists at federal agencies to make initial contacts.
- Procurement histories – if a part/product has history within the federal government, an NSN (National Stock Number) could have been assigned. Additional research can be provided.
- Registrations – initial entrance into the state or federal market may require mandated registrations. Registration recommendations are offered and detail insight.
- Certifications (WBE, MBE, SDB, 8A, HUBZone,VOSB, SDVOSB, DBE) - assist in identifying
appropriate certification, review application and conduct final analysis of certification
The PTAC conducts multiple seminars and workshops throughout the year that address topics important to all business owners. Seminars and workshops cover topics of Basics of Government Contracting, Creating a Proposal, Certifications, GSA Schedules, etc.
Rita Haake, Program Manager
Fax: (630) 505-4931
2012 College of DuPage