Math – ALEKS PPL
Most math courses at COD have a prerequisite. These prerequisites may be met using prior course work at COD or another college, a qualifying score on the ALEKS Math Placement Test, or a valid COMPASS score. Beginning Spring 2018, ACT Math scores are no longer accepted to meet prerequisites for math courses. ACT math scores can only be used to satisfy a geometry requirement.
You should choose the Math course that best suits your skills and your program requirements. The ALEKS Geometry Placement Test is required for some courses. Read the ALEKS Geometry FAQs to learn more.
These placement tests use adaptive questioning to quickly and accurately determine exactly what you know and are ready to learn. This means that the tests are unique for every student and will expose your particular strengths and weaknesses. It is not a multiple choice test. All questions are free response.
After completing the unproctored ALEKS Math Placement Test 1, you will get a detailed pie chart of your current mathematical knowledge, and will have the opportunity to refresh on mathematical topics in the Prep and Learning Module to help you prepare for proctored math placement tests and your courses. You will have up to three attempts at the proctored ALEKS Math Placement Test.
Getting Started with ALEKS Math Placement
- Log-in to inside.cod.edu with your COD username and password. For assistance logging in, contact the help desk at (630) 942-2999.
- In the middle of the page in the Math Placement section click on the link to take unproctored Test 1. The results will be used to create an individualized study plan in the ALEKS Prep and Learning module.
- Review in the Prep and Learning module until you feel ready to test. For assistance, contact ALEKS Tech Support at (714) 619-7090.
- Go to a testing center to take Test 2. Bring a Photo ID and your COD username/password. The results of this test will be used for COD course placement. An online calculator is provided when necessary. You may not use your own calculator.
- To retest and improve your score, work in the Prep and Learning module for at least 3 hours. Then return to a testing center for Test 3.
- To retest one last time, work in the Prep and Learning module for at least 5 additional hours. Then return to a testing center for Test 4.
- The highest score from Test 2,3 and 4 will be used for course placement. Once you have a final test score, view the math placement scores to help you choose a math class. Scores are valid for one year.
Academic Testing Center, Glen Ellyn - Main Campus
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A06, (630) 942-2400
Fax: (630) 942-3724
Specialized Testing Center, Glen Ellyn - Main Campus
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A08, (630) 942-2400
Fax: (630) 942-3724
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage