Making College Affordable
You've read all the headlines: "College Costs Out of Control," "Tuition Increasing," "Student Debt Passing $1Trillion." It's enough to make you think that the dream of college is financially out of reach.
But more students and their families are recognizing the valuable role community colleges play in making a college education affordable. And not just students whose families are facing economic hardships—according to a study by Sallie Mae, 22 percent of college students with annual family incomes over $100,000 attended community colleges last year, up from 16 percent four years ago. It's a trend that's being seen in DuPage County as well.
College of DuPage has become an increasingly popular choice thanks to affordable tuition, a career focus, small class size, smooth transfer options and growing public awareness and respect for the College's academic rigor.
Top 10 Reasons Students Choose College of DuPage
- More than 100 areas of study and 160 certificate programs.
- Course credits transfer easily.
- Reasonable tuition fees.
- Experienced faculty focused on teaching.
- Smaller class sizes.
- 3+1 partnerships with premier universities to earn a bachelor's degree.
- Scholarships and financial assistance.
- Latest technology.
- Convenience and flexibility.
- Excellent student services and programs.
For these reasons and more, you owe it to yourself to visit College of DuPage and explore your options. It might just be the wisest choice you ever make.
For more information, call (630) 942-2280.
How To Avoid Crushing College Debt
CBS 2 Chicago report from June 7, 2012
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage