General Information

We are pleased to learn of your interest in attending College of DuPage. College of DuPage is the Midwest’s largest comprehensive, single-campus community college, and is dedicated to serving the diverse higher educational, civic and cultural needs of our students. The college is located in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, a suburban city thirty-five miles west of Chicago.

College of DuPage offers the first two years of undergraduate course work. The College awards seven different associate’s degrees: Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Engineering Science, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in General Studies, Associate in Fine Arts- Art Option, and Associate in Fine Arts- Music Option. The college also offers English as a Second Language classes available during the Fall and Spring Semseter.

Currently, more than 50 different nationalities are enrolled at the College of DuPage. Over 40% of the international students transfer to four-year institutions, both private and public, in Illinois and other states in the U.S. College of DuPage regards the presence of international students on campus as an integral part of its mission of globalization and interdependence.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in any way possible.


All F-1 International students are required to purchase the College of DuPage International Health Insurance plan each semester. Students are automatically enrolled in the plan at time of registration. For more information about the COD International Health Insurance plan please visit


Student housing or home-stays are not provided through College of DuPage. It is very important for students to make their living arrangements before arriving on Campus. We have some local housing information on our resources page.


F-1 International students are eligible to apply for on-campus employment. If you are hired for on-campus employment you would be allow to work up to 20 hours per week. It’s important to know that on-campus employment is not guaranteed, and at times can be hard to obtain. International students may accept off-campus employment after being enrolled for a year as an International F-1 student and only with prior approval from the US Citizenship Immigration Services (USCIS) and your International Advisor.

Social Security Number

Social Security Numbers are only issued to F-1 students who have obtained an offer of employment. The Social Security Office does not see it necessary for F-1 students to obtain the Social Security number for any other reason other than for employment.

Drivers License

It is possible to obtain a temporary Illinois drivers license without a social security number. The International Student Office will provide assistance once you arrive on campus and attended the orientation.


There are no financial aid or scholarship opportunities available for F-1 international students at College of DuPage. International students are expected to pay the full cost of tuition.



Contact Information

Gabi Carr
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225
(630) 942-2979
Fax: (630) 942-2323

Regular Hours
Monday to Fridays: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Saturday and Sunday: Closed

Evening appointments are available upon request.

COD Virtual Campus Tour

Experience the cutting edge academic facilities at College of DuPage.

College of DuPage

425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137

(630) 942-2800 (Main)

(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)

  2018 College of DuPage