All the materials listed below must be submitted before a decision is made regarding your application. Please use the check list provided on the last page of the packet to make sure your application is complete before mailing it to our office.
The processing time for an I-20 document is approximately two to three weeks from the date your completed application is received.
1. Application - The prospective student must complete all sections of the International I-20 Application online. Please remember to attach the required Autobiographical Statement.
2. Application Fee - A one-time $20 application/recording fee must be paid online upon completion of the International I-20 Application. This fee is not refundable or applicable toward tuition.
3. Photograph - Submit one passport-sized photograph with your application.
4. Credentials - The minimum academic requirement for international admission is proof of graduation from an accredited secondary (high) school. Please submit original credentials showing completion of higher secondary school to College of DuPage, plus official transcripts from any colleges or universities previously attended. Faxed copies and certified (notarized) photocopies are NOT acceptable. If original credentials are not available in English, an official English translation must accompany the original document.
5. Evidence of Legal Status - If you are already in the United States on a B, F, J or other non-immigrant visa, please provide photocopies of your valid passport, most recent visa (even if expired), I-94 card (front and back), I-20 document (if on a F-1 visa) or DS-2019 document (if on a J-1 visa), and USCIS Notice of Action approving extension or change of status application.
6. F-1 International Student Transfer Applicants - You must have successfully completed at least one academic term at the institution that issued your previous I-20. F-1 transfer applicants must submit the International Student Verification Form completed by the International Student advisor from the previous school attended.
7. Evidence of Financial Support - Two forms are required:
1) A signed and notarized Affidavit of Financial Support (included in the packet).
2) This form must be accompanied by an original bank statement showing adequate funds to cover the estimated costs of attendance and living expenses for one full academic year. The bank statement must indicate in U.S. dollars the total amount available from personal funds, family funds from abroad or funds from any other source.
8. English Proficiency
The TOEFL iBT or IELTS will be required for admission to the College of DuPage, for both the ESL and Academic programs. For more information about English proficiency click here.
A review of the online sample materials is recommended in order to determine the minimum proficiency required for Level 1 courses.
TOEFL school code: 1083
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage