Lewis University - Enhanced 2+2 Programs
The Bachelor of Arts degrees in Elementary Education, Special Education, Elementary/Special Education, and Early Childhood Education Enhanced 2+2 programs with Lewis University are a great way to continue your education. Students are required to complete a series of courses at College of DuPage in order to be eligible for the program.
Before you Begin
College of DuPage maintains an open enrollment policy. To attend, you must be ONE of the following:
- 18 years of age
- A high school graduate
- A GED completer
- Select Coursework to BA in Elementary Education
- Select Coursework to BA in Special Education
- Select Coursework to BA in Elementary/Special Education
- Select Coursework to BA in Early Childhood Education
Advising Sessions are a great opportunity to meet the Lewis University representative who can answer questions about these education programs. Sessions are offered throughout the semester. If you cannot attend any of the offered sessions, you may contact the representatives directly via the contact information at the bottom of this page.
All College of DuPage coursework throughout the program is offered at the tuition rate at the time of enrollment. All Lewis University coursework is offered at a reduced tuition rate at the time of enrollment at Lewis University.
Once you are ready to get started, follow the steps below:
- Get Admitted - Click on the "Apply Now" icon above or visit the Office of Admissions and Outreach located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 2207, (630) 942-2380. Fill out the admission form with the $20 admission fee to receive your College of DuPage identification number.
- Financial Assistance - Visit the FAFSA website to determine what you may be eligible for in terms of federal grants or loans. Direct your questions to the Office of Student Financial Assistance located in the Student Services Center (SSC), room 2220, (630) 942-2251.
- Create your myACCESS Account - After you receive your College of DuPage ID number you can use it to create your student online account. Go to myACCESS and select "I'm New to myACCESS." Your myACCESS account will allow you to view your student profile, search and register for classes, check on your financial aid status, pay for classes and much more. If you have any technical issues viewing or accessing the myACCESS website, please contact the Student Help Desk, (630) 942-2999 or email@example.com.
- Take Necessary Placement Tests - Placement tests are offered on a walk-in basis. A picture ID and student ID number are required to complete your tests. Placement tests are available for the subjects of reading, writing, and math. Students with ACT composite scores of 20 or higher are waived out of the reading and writing placement tests. Math ACT scores of 23 or higher may waive students from the math portion of the placement tests. The Testing Center is located in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC) room 2405, (630) 942-2400.
- Check for Course Prerequisites - Go to the prerequisites page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect with Counseling and Advising - Attend a Begin Session. Check with Campus Central at (630) 942-2380 for days and times. Visit the Counseling and Advising Center located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 3200, (630) 942-2259 or email@example.com.
- Complete a 3+1 Transfer Application - The 3+1 Transfer Application should be turned in to the Admissions and Outreach office located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 2207.
- Register for Classes - Register in myACCESS or in person at the Office of Student Registration Services, Student Services Center (SSC) Room 2221. Phone registration is available at (630) 942-2377.
- Select a Payment Option - All students are required to pay their tuition and fees at the time of registration. Make a payment in full or enroll in either the automatic or deferred payment plan through myACCESS. For more information, call the Cashier's Office at (630) 942-2206.
- Apply to Lewis University - You should apply directly to Lewis University as a transfer student once you are approximately 1 full semester from completing your required coursework.
- Order Official Transcripts - Contact the Office of Student Records and order official transcripts so they may
be sent to Lewis University for review. You can order transcripts through your myACCESS
account under the "myACCESS for Students" menu. Once there, click on the "Official
Transcript Order Form".
College of DuPage
Director of Advising/Licensure Officer
2014 College of DuPage