Engineering Olympics High School Competition
Friday, February 15, 2019
8:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
The College of DuPage Engineering and Technology Club is hosting Engineering Olympics. The purpose of this event is to engage the young generation to seek interest in the field of engineering and College of DuPage.
Location: Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2000
Registration: Registration is now closed.
Lunch: Subway box lunches will be provided. All sandwiches come with chips, a cookie, and bottled water. Each student has the choice of turkey, ham, tuna, or veggie.
Schools are limited to two teams of four to five students each. Underclassmen are preferred. Space is limited and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. You must have your team roster, t-shirt sizes, and food choice in order to register.
- Good job prospects
- Good salary
- Do you get bored easily? Not in Engineering! There are new problems every day.
- Good career prospects
- Travel the world and live life while doing what you love
- And most importantly, make a difference and change the world
- Drive innovations that improve our quality of life
- Lift our standard of living
- Boost our global competitiveness
- Ensure strong national security
- Protect Public Safety
Engineering Olympics is a design challenge, where local high school teams of five students interested in engineering or design type fields come to College of DuPage to participate in short design competitions.
All of the designing and building will occur during the competition time, so there is no need for the students to provide any materials except their brains for the challenge. We want to encourage high schools to form teams that have a true interest in engineering fields and that represent a variety of ages.
Our goals for the challenge:
- Teach participants about the types of engineers and immerse them in hands-on design projects related to a few of the major engineering fields.
- Encourage students to pursue engineering degrees by presenting all of the benefits of engineering and STEM design fields in general.
- Discover how College of DuPage and the University of Illinois Pathways program is a great way to begin your education in engineering.
- Have fun with students as they discover the creative and entertaining side of design.
Tentative Agenda 2019
8:30-8:50 – Brain Warm-Up Round
8:50-9:00 – Introduction to Engineering
9:00-10:10 - Competition #1
10:10-10:15 – Brain Teaser #1
10:15-11:45 - Competition #2
11:45-12:10 - Lunch, Brain Teaser #2
12:10-1:20 - Competition #3 - Final Competition
1:20-1:30 – COD Engineering Presentation
1:30-1:45 - Awards Presentation
For questions or more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage