Reading 0471 (Appointment) - Study Skills I
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Basic course in which students learn and practice study skills: textbook reading, concentration and memorization, listening and notetaking, test-taking and time management. Students' strengths and areas of need are assessed through diagnostic inventories. Emphasis is on improving student performance by completing exercises and reading assignments that are discipline-related. This course may be taken four times for credit. This course can only be taken on a pass/fail basis. (1 lecture hour)
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Computerized activities, videos and other instructional material may be recommended by the instructor.
Attendance required at weekly appointment.
Students will complete weekly assignments, including readings and written exercises. Students will also complete weekly quizzes. Students will complete two reading assessment tests during the term to evaluate progress.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749
2014 College of DuPage