Literacy 0443 - Intermediate Writing III
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Basic writing course for intermediate writers. Students will pay attention to how parts of their composition fit in with it as a whole and to begin to understand why writing is considered a recursive process. Assignments require more formal types of writing than the previous course. Students will gain more familiarity with accepted language conventions. This course may require visits to the Writing and Reading Assistance Area (WRAA). This course can only be taken on a pass/fail basis. This course may be taken three times for credit.
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Attendance required at weekly appointment.
- At least six compositions that show planning, revising, and editing
- Satisfactory completion of assignments, including evidence of frequent writing
- Performance on tests and quizzes
- Instructor observation of student progress
- Attendance and participation
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749