Literacy 0433 - Intermediate Reading III
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Foundational course for intermediate readers. Students will continue to solidify their decoding skills in order to read fluently and comprehend more challenging texts, especially expository texts. Students will continue to connect ideas in text and use organizational patterns to understand and remember information. Students will read widely to build background knowledge on a variety of subjects and build vocabulary by beginning to analyze the complexities of words. This course may require visits to the Writing and Reading Assistance Area. This course can only be taken on a pass/fail basis. This course may be taken three times for credit.
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Attendance required at weekly appointment.
- Satisfactory completion of assignments, including weekly reading of at least 120 minutes
- Performance on tests and quizzes
- Instructor observation of student progress
- Attendance and participation
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749
2012 College of DuPage