Literacy 0431 - Intermediate Reading I
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Foundational course for beginning readers. Students will continue to build fluency and learn vocabulary through exploration of and practice with unfamiliar words and through wide reading of a variety of kinds of texts. Comprehension is strengthened through using strategies before, during, and after reading. This course may require visits to the Writing and Reading Assistance Area (WRAA). This course can only be taken on a pass/fail basis. This course may be taken three times for credit.
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Attendance required at weekly appointment.
- Satisfactory completion of assignments, including reading 120 minutes a week
- Performance on tests and quizzes
- Instructor observation of student progress
- Attendance and participation
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749
2014 College of DuPage