Literacy 0412 - Beginning Reading II
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Fundamental course for emergent readers. Students will develop greater proficiency in using the print-sound code to read words and short texts with accuracy and fluency and expanding their repertoire of sight words. Vocabulary is built through increased independent reading, word analysis, and beginning dictionary use. Comprehension is built through multiple readings of more complex texts that contain more a challenging vocabulary and fewer illustrations. Students will apply various strategies when they recognize that a text does not make sense. Frequent reading is expected. This course may require visits to the Writing and Reading Assistance Area. This course can only be taken on a pass/fail basis. This course may be taken three times for credit.
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Attendance required at weekly appointment.
- Satisfactory completion of assignments, including reading 100 minutes a week
- Performance on tests and quizzes
- Instructor observation of student progress
- Attendance and participation
You will receive a grade of "S" (Satisfactory) or "F" (Fail) for this course
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749
2014 College of DuPage