Physical Education Center (PEC)
- The Physical Education Center opened in 1983 and features a 40,000 square-foot main arena, an indoor track, racquetball courts and swimming pool.
- The Aerobic Fitness Lab and Strength Complex are accessible by both students and the community. Memberships are available for the use of these facilities as well as the pool and arena.
- Credit and non-credit physical education courses are offered in the center, along with wellness assessment programs.
- The center is the home base to nine men's sports teams and eight women's sports teams.
- A $24 million renovation is scheduled from summer 2012 to early 2014. Approximately 83,000 square feet of the existing 130,000 square feet will be addressed, including the transformation of the south entrance into a more visible main entrance that will include a lobby, concession area, entrance into the arena and open stairway to the second level. A new 14,000 square-foot Varsity Athletic addition on the south side of the center will house facilities for the student athletes, including men's and women's locker rooms, a strength lab and a training room. The existing fitness center will be relocated to the center's second level.
Remodel of the Physical Education Center
College of DuPage will begin extensive renovations on the Physical Education Center in summer 2012, including construction of a one-story addition, to create a multi-use educational and recreational environment.
2012 College of DuPage