McAninch Arts Center (MAC)
- The McAninch Arts Center opened in 1986 and is named after College of DuPage's second president, Harold D. McAninch. It combines both performance and academics under one roof.
- The MAC houses three performance spaces: the 800-seat Mainstage Theatre, 195-seat Theatre 2 and 60-plus-seat Studio Theatre. It is home to the Buffalo Theatre Ensemble and New Philharmonic, two resident professional ensembles; a number of student groups; and a gallery space for professional, faculty and student exhibits. Featuring seasons that combine touring, resident and student groups, the MAC has presented theater, music, dance and visual arts to more than 1.5 million people since it opened.
- In an average week, the MAC hosts 5.1 public performances of 1.6 arts programs, 2.2 rental events, 10.25 rehearsals and one non-art college department use — or 2.5 scheduled events per day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year. Each season includes more than 200 performances of plays, concerts and lectures, as well as numerous art exhibits in both the gallery space and MAC lobby area.
- The MAC's extensive community outreach program includes pre-performance lectures, classes with visiting artists and the SchoolStage program, which provides area K-12 students with an interactive, educational arts experience.
- Academic programs offered at the MAC include Art, Graphic Arts, Motion Picture/TV, Music, Photography and Theater.
- A $35 million renovation completed at the end of 2013 updated the major performance spaces, addressed significant infrastructure needs and improved several academic program areas. The Lakeside Pavilion was constructed on the south side of the MAC for seasonal outdoor events and performances.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage