Health and Science Center (HSC)
- Completed in fall of 2010, this $60 million facility was funded through proceeds from a successful 2002 capital referendum.
- It is approximately 186,000 square feet.
- The building houses the Basic Nursing Assistant, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Health Science, Nuclear Medicine, Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiography, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology, Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany programs.
- The HSC provides combination of laboratory, classroom, office and instructional space. Highlights include an operating room, full dental lab, medical imaging laboratories, and a "Sim Hospital" that contains four private rooms, an operational nurse's station, a simulation de-briefing room and the use of high-fidelity manikins that recreate high-risk and non-emergency patient scenarios for students.
- The HSC received LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Sustainable
features include: orientation of the building that minimizes extreme heat gain from
east and west solar exposures; sun screens that reduce glare and alleviate solar heat
gain and loss on southern exposures; rain cisterns that collect roof storm water for
irrigation of the outdoor teaching lab; a "green roof" to retain roof storm water
and provide a high level of building insulation.
Construction Manager: Gilbane Building Company
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage