Joel E. Quam
Joel E. Quam
Office: Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2H06E
Areas of Research Interest:
- Regional Geography of the former Soviet Union (especially Russia, Estonia, Latvia)
- Co-founder and co-chair of the Russia Committee, a COD committee devoted to teaching and learning about Russia
Selected Publications, Presentations, Books:
- World Regional Geography: Atlas of the World - CD, Kendall/Hunt, 2001.
- Book Translation - Russian to English, ZumBrunnen, Craig, Ed. Urban Geography in the Soviet Union and the United States, Savage, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 1992.
- "Ethnic Cleansing," Journal of Baltic Studies, Volume 28, No. 2, Summer 1997 (Book Review).
- "The Baltic Nations and Europe," Russian History, Vol. 22, No. 4, Winter 1995 (Book Review).
- Cartography (maps in): Johnson, Leland and Babcock, Russell. "Temperature and the Larval Ecology of the Crown-of-Thorns Starfish, Acanthaster placi," Biology Bulletin, Dec. 1994.
- A.B.D. Geography, Indiana University
- M.A. Russian Studies, University of Washington
- B.A. Russian Studies, St. Olaf College
- Association of American Geographers
- Russian, Central Eurasian, and East European Specialty Group of the AAG Secretary/Treasurer, 1994-2003
- American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2003-2004 - Selected as Professor in ICISP Exchange Partnership with the Netherlands
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage