Beverly J. Reed
Beverly J. Reed, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, English/ESL
Tel.: (630) 942-4218
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2616F
Areas of Research Interest:
- Developmental Composition
- Visual Theory
- Feminist Theory & Women's Literature
Recent Courses Taught:
- Developmental Writing
- Sexuality & Literature
Visual & Media Studies Current Projects:
- Role of the visual in developmental writing pedagogy
- Visual/verbal representations of racialized bodies in American illustrated magazines
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- "Exhibiting the Fair Sex: Massachusetts Magazine and the Bodily Order of the American Woman," Periodical Literature in Eighteenth-Century America. Eds. Mark Kamrath & Sharon M. Harris. Knoxville: U of Tennessee P, 2005.
- "Textbook Rhetoric: Basic Writing and the Dynamics of Text Selection." Conference on College Composition and Communication, San Antonio, TX, March 2004.
- "Pop Patriotism: British Butchers and the American Identity." SCSECS Conference, Fort Worth, TX, March 2003.
- "Examining the White Negro: Eighteenth-Century 'Cures' for Blackness." One Nation
Community Outreach Conference, Stephen F. Austin State University, April 2002.
- Ph.D. English, Purdue University
- M.A. English, Cal Poly State University
- B.A. English, Cal Poly State University
2012 College of DuPage