Instructor, Art History
Tel.: (630) 942-2586
Areas of Research Interest:
- Ancient Mesoamerica
- Maya Hieroglyphic Writing
- Creation Mythology
- Narrative in Art
- Education Technology
Recent Courses Taught:
- ART1100 - Introduction to the Visual Arts
- ART2213 - Art History III: 1750-Present
- ART2214 - Introduction to Nonwestern Art
- Preparation for Exhibition "An Illustrated Popol Vuh"
- Developing workbook materials for Maya Hieroglyphic Workshop
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- "Hearth of Sky: Conceptions of Time and Space among the Ancient Maya."
- "Woodcarving and Mask Making: African Art from the Collection of Warren Robbins."
- "Sacred Spaces and the Ideology of Kingship in the Preclassic Maya Lowlands."
- M.A. Art History, Northern Illinois University, 2008
- B.A. Art History, Northern Illinois University, 2005
Awards and Honors
- Robert Jones Beauregard Parish Historic Fund Visual Arts Endowed Professorship
2014 College of DuPage