Danica Hubbard, Ph.D.
Tel.: (630) 942-2101
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2615 P
Recent Courses Taught:
I teach in the classroom and online:
- English 1101
- English 1102
- English 1105
- English 0482
- “Computers, Camtasia and Making Connections: First Semester Teaching College Reading Online.” College Reading and Learning Association Conference. Houston, Texas, November 2012.
- “Blackboard Exemplary Course Award Honors.” Blackboard World Developers Conference. New Orleans, Louisiana, July 2012.
- "The Future of Reading." (With Pat Cookis). Illinois Community College Reading Consortium. Des Plaines, Illinois, February 1998.
- "Content Analysis: Community College Student Perceptions of Computers and Composition." Education in Geopolitical Change: Oxford International Conference of Education and Development. Oxford, England, September 1997.
- "Linkages: What We're Learning About Our Students." (With Lesli Beltran, Edward Kies, and Kathy Fitch). Triton College Assessment Fair. River Grove, Illinois, November 1997.
- "Computer-Composition Effects in Student Perceptions." American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting, New York, New York, April 1996.
- “Hands Across the Curriculum: Partnerships for College Success.” College Reading and Learning Association, San Diego, California, November, 2011.
- International Conference on Research in Access and Developmental Education. San Juan, Puerto Rico. September, 2008.
- "Academic Impressions: Retaining Students in Online Education." St. Louis, Mousurri, September, 2007.
- "Reading the New World." International Reading Association (IRA). Indianapolis, Indiana, May 2000.
- "Developmental Education: Rising to the Challenges of a New Millenium." National Association for Developmental Education (NADE). Atlanta, Georgia, March 1998.
- ACT Midwest Regional Conference. Normal, Illinois, June 1997.
- "CCCC Winter Workshop on Teaching Composition to Undergraduates: Curricular Changes - Cadillacs or Chevies: Four C's for the Four C's." Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) Winter Workshop, Clearwater Beach, Florida, January 1996.
- "What Works? Learning from Success and Avoiding Pitfalls." American Association of Higher Education Assessment Conference (AAHE). Washington, D.C., June 1996.
- "The Arts and Humanities in a Technological Age." Western Illinois Regional Humanities Festival, Moline, Illinois, October 1995.
- "Literacy and Technology:" NCTE Assembly for Research Conference, Chicago, Illinois, February 1995.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago
Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Reading, Writing, and Literacy
- DePaul University
Masters of Arts in Writing
- Miami University
Bachelor of Science
Awards and Recognitions:
- Blackboard Catalyst Award for Exemplary Course Design – English 1102 Online, 2012
- College of DuPage Outstanding Faculty Award Nominee: 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010
- Math and English Department Integrated Curriculum Award, 2006
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers: 1998, 2002, 2204, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Adade Wheeler Award Nominee, 1998
2014 College of DuPage