Assistant Professor, Spanish
Tel.: (630) 942-3513
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2625B
Areas of Research / Interest:
- Hybrid Foreign Language Course Development
- Contemporary Spanish Literature and Film
- Multiculturalism and Migration Studies
Recent Courses Taught:
- Spanish 1101/1102, Elementary Spanish I and II (Traditional and Hybrid)
- Spanish 2201/2202, Intermediate Spanish I and II (Traditional and Hybrid)
- Spanish 2251, Conversation and Composition I (Traditional)
- Humanities 1800, Culture and Civilization of Costa Rica
- Humanities 1800, Culture and Civilization of Spain
- Study Abroad in Spain (Summer 2014/2015)
- Study Abroad in Costa Rica (Summer 2013)
"Women Immigrants as the Other in Contemporary Spanish Fiction and Film 1997-2011." Annual Convention of the Midwest Modern Language Association: Art and Artifice. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, November 2013.
"Hybrid Learning: Reaching a Diverse Population of Students." Illinois Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages Fall Conference: Diversity is Delicious. Tinley Park, Illinois, October 2013.
"Una identidad marginada en Canto rodado de Maria Barbal." 11th Annual Colloquium on Spanish Literature, Linguistics, and Culture, University of Central Florida, April 2011.
- B.A. Spanish and Zoology, Miami University-Ohio
- B.S. Physical Therapy, UIC-Chicago
- M.A. Spanish, Saint Louis University-Madrid Campus
- Ph.D. Spanish (Literature), University of Florida
Clubs and Organizations:
- CoCo-Advisor, COD Casa de Amigos—Spanish Club
- Co-Chair, COD European Studies Committee
- Member, ACTFL- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Member, ICTFL- Illinois Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Member, M/MLA-Midwest Modern Language Association
- Member, AATSP- The American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese
Awards and Recognitions:
- COD Global Initiatives, recipient, fall 2012
- Doctoral Student Summer Scholarship, Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies- University of Florida, summer 2012.
- Award for Cooperative Leadership in Teaching Spanish, Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies- University of Florida, spring 2011.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage