Assistant Professor, English
Tel.: (630) 942-2171
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2516G
Areas of Research Interest:
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Composition Theory and Pedagogy
- Critical Thought/Social Criticism
- English 1101 - Composition
- English 1102 - Composition
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- "Deracination: The Positives of Negatives." Learning Efficacies: Celebrations and Persuasions. Hartford, Information Age, 2007: 35-48.
- Critical Possibilities: Decritique, Deracination, and the D.I.S. Ph.D Dissertation. Toowoomba, Qld: U Southern Queensland. 2006.
- "Sheep in Wolf's Clothing: The Paradox of Critical Pedagogy." Journal of Radical Pedagogy 6.1 (2004).
- "Deracination and the D.I.S. in the First-Year Writing Classroom." Teaching English in the Two-Year College 31.3 (2004): 260-72.
- "The Gradual Student." Teaching English in the Two-Year College 30.3 (2003): 238-47.
- Ph.D, English, University of Southern Queensland
- M.A., English (Rhetoric and Composition), Texas A&M University
- B.A., with Distinction, English Literature and History, University of Southern Queensland
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2014 College of DuPage