Dean: Arts, Communications and Hospitality
Tel.: (630) 942-2477
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 219A
Areas of Research Interest:
The epistemology of drawing, the use of electronic media in the visual arts, ongoing research in the history of art within the Christian tradition, Qualitative Motorcycle Maintenance, and amateur parenting.
Recent Courses Taught:
- Art 1100-Intro to the Visual Arts
- Art 1101-Drawing I
- Art 2267-Computer Art II
- Art 2266-Computer Art I
- Art 2275-Intaglio
- Art 2276-Lithography
- A series of 200+ charcoal portraits of the trees in a family-owned orchard
- A portfolio of prints and drawings of the class of 2007 "Ten Most Wanted"
- Development of a Koi pond
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- Beyond the Written Word and A Rationale for Visual Communication in Higher Education; NEA Higher Education Advocate, National Education Association, November 2001. Vol. 18, No. 11.
- Art Exhibitions: I have exhibited in over 65 regional and national venues
- Art Collections: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign School of Art Design;
State of Illinois (James R. Thompson Center); Graphic Chemical & Ink Co., Inc.
- B.F.A. Painting, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- M.F.A. Art and Design, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- M.A. Art Education, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Additional Graduate study, Governors' State University
- Additional Graduate study Christian Thought and Contemporary, Trinity Evangelical
Awards and Recognitions:
- College of DuPage Outstanding Humanities Faculty Member, 2002
- President, College of DuPage Faculty Association, 2001-2002
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage