David A. Shavalia
David A. Shavalia
Office: Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2707B
- M.S. Psychology, North Dakota State University
- M.A. Counseling and Guidance, University of North Dakota
- B.S. Psychology, Northern Michigan University
Areas of Research Interest:
- Spatial Memory and Retroactive Interference
- Working Memory and Anesthetics
- Member of the Continuous Improvement Steering Committee on improving Student Advising at COD.
- Member of the COD C.I. sub-team on Advising Information and Dissemination.
- Development and maintenance of a non-traditional course in Social Psychology.
- Development and maintenance of an Honors course in Social Psychology.
- Co-organizer of the Midwest Institute for Students and Teachers of Psychology.
- Continuing Education.
Selected Publications, Presentations, Books:
- Shavalia, D.A.; Dodge, A.M. and Beatty, W.W. "Time-Dependent Effects of ECS on Spatial Memory in Rats." Behavioral and Neural Biology , 1981, 31, 261-273.
- Beatty, W.W. and Shavalia, D.A. "Rat Spatial Memory: Resistance to Retroactive Interference at Long Retention Intervals." Animal Learning and Behavior , 1980, 4, 550-552.
- Beaty, W.W. and Shavalia, D.A. "Spatial Memory in Rats: Time Course of Working Memory and Effect of Anesthetics." Behavioral and Neural Biology , 1980, 28, 454-462.
- Shavalia D.A. and Beatty, W.W. "Rat Spatial Memory: Resistance to Retroactive Interference from ECS." Paper delivered at the North Dakota Psychology Association, Jamestown, North Dakota, 1979.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers 2005
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers 2002
- Outstanding Full Time Instructor Award, Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1995
- Outstanding Part Time Instructor Award, Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1991
- American Psychological Association
- Midwestern Psychological Association
2014 College of DuPage