Christine A. Monnier
Christine A. Monnier. Ph.D.
Professor, Criminal Justice/Sociology
Office: Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2704C
Areas of Research Interest:
Selected Publications, Presentations, Books:
- "Total Mobilization, Globalization and Individuation. The Contradictory Domination Logic of Postmodern Society - A Theoretical Note", in Reda, M. (ed.) (2001), Views from the Left - Fresh Sociological Insights, Allyn & Bacon.
- "Collective Behavior and Social Movements", in Botterweck M. & al (2004), Everyday Sociology, Starpoint Press.
- "Pierre Bourdieu: Language, Culture and Power", in Dittmar, N. & al (eds.) (2004), Handbook of Sociolinguistics, De Gruyter.
- Spring 2003: "Globalized Islam", COD, as part of "Viewing place and space: A window to middle eastern cultures".
- Fall 2003: "Globalization: What in the World is Going On?", Workshop for the Illinois Sociological Association, DePaul University, Chicago.
- Ph.D. Sociology University of Nice, France
- Ph.D. Sociology University of Manchester, UK
- M.A. Sociology, University of Nice, France
- B.A. Sociology, Ethnology, University of Nice, France
Administrative Positions Held:
- Professional Assistant for Interdisciplinary Studies and Special Projects
Awards and Recognitions:
- Faculty of the Year Award, University of Connecticut - Stamford, 1999 - 2000
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers, 2004
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage