Youth Open House
Saturday, March 16
10 a.m. to noon
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110
Meet Youth Academy staff and learn about summer camps and classes. RSVP today!
Enhance Passion and Performance through Talent Search Courses
The Talent Search program at College of DuPage provides challenging academic experiences that enhance the achievement of academically gifted students in grades three to nine.
Courses are designed to complement coursework anticipated at higher levels, cover an extended range of topics and use innovative approaches to learning.
Talent Search courses are not eligible for school credit. Students must be approved by the Continuing Education Office prior to registration.
Popular Offerings Include:
Jump Start Trigonometry
Persuasion and Debate
Science Fiction Writing
Intro to Java Programming
Students scoring at the 90th percentile or higher on an appropriate standardized test are eligible to participate in Talent Search courses. Accepted tests include PARCC, Iowa, Map, CogAT and most standardized tests administered in local school districts.
How to Register
Students must have a copy of their standardized test scores on file in the Continuing Education Office before registration. New Talent Search students are required to send a copy of their standardized test via email. Previous Talent Search students may call (630) 942-2208 to verify previous test scores' eligibility or submit new test scores.
- Determine which Talent Search courses your student is interested in taking. See the Schedule of Classes linked at the top of the page for a full list of course offerings.
- Obtain a copy of the student's standardized test scores that clearly displays their name, the date the test was taken and the score that they received. For approval, the student's score must be in the top ten percent for their grade level and the test must have been taken within the previous two school years.
- Email CE@cod.edu requesting approval for the Talent Search program. Include the student's name, grade level and list of interested courses (titles and course codes) and attach a copy of their standardized test score.
- A staff member will evaluate the student's eligibility and will respond within two business days.
Contact Continuing Education
To register or for detailed program information, call Continuing Education at (630) 942-2208 or email CE@cod.edu. You may also register online. To view our complete program listing, see the Spring 2019 Continuing Education Schedule of Classes or the Summer 2019 Continuing Education Schedule of Classes.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110, (630) 942-2208
Fax: (630) 942-3785
Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage