Financial Options and Policies
Pursue personal enrichment, professional training, career transition, and youth classes and programs. Continuing Education offers several financial options to assist you.
In-district residents and out-of-district students are welcome to take our classes for the same registration fee.
Tuition fees are due and payable at time of registration. Fees vary in accordance with class length and other factors. Tax dollars are not used to support Continuing Education programs. Our courses are solely supported by student revenues, so classes must meet minimum enrollment. If a class is canceled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund of your tuition.
Cancellations and Refunds
Please help prevent canceled classes by enrolling early. Classes will be canceled prior to the start date if enrollment is too low. If this happens, you will receive a full refund of your tuition. If you choose to drop from a class, you must do so 24 hours prior to the start date of the course in order to receive a full refund. If you are requesting a refund after the deadline, you must submit a Request for Tuition Refund form. Download the form here or call (630) 942-2208 to request the form.
Scholarships are available through Continuing Education with funds from the College of DuPage Foundation. Please call (630) 942-2208 or email email@example.com for details.
- Lifelong Learning Scholarship - personal enrichment and career training for those over 50
- Youth Leadership Scholarship - high school or middle school leadership development
- Jump Start Scholarship- adult students who have successfully completed the COD high school equivalency or English Language Acquisition (ELA) program can earn $500 toward their credit courses at COD.
If you are unemployed or underemployed, visit www.worknetdupage.org to see if you qualify for assistance through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
To help meet your educational expenses, Continuing Education also offers a payment plan for select professional programs. To learn more, call (630) 942-2208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also consider applying for an alternative loan, which is a non-federal loan made by a lender such as a bank. Continuing Education non-credit programs eligible for loans include the following:
Finding an Alternative Loan
- Visit elmselect.com
- Enter "College of DuPage" in the School Search box.
- Choose "Undergraduate Credit" to see loan options for yourself.
- Choose "Parent Loan" if you are contributing to the education of someone other than yourself.
- Click on "Sort and Filter" to choose repayment options.
- By clicking "Compare," you may compare up to three loans at once.
- Once you have chosen your preferred lender, click the "Apply" button and follow the prompts through the lender application process.
- Once you have received an approved status from your lender, complete the Alternative Loan Request Form, and submit it to the Office of Student Financial Assistance for the school certification process.
- When completing the form, enter the dollar amount requested by term. For Continuing
- Fall semester = September to December
- Spring semester = January to May
- Summer semester = June to August
The Office of Student Financial Assistance will certify the loan with the lender within three to five business days of receipt of the Alternative Loan Request Form.
More details about loan processing, disbursement, credits and refunds may be obtained through the Office of Financial Assistance.
Contact Continuing Education
To register or for detailed program information, call Continuing Education at (630) 942-2208 or email CE@cod.edu. You may also register online. To view our complete program listing, see the Spring 2018 Continuing Education Schedule of Classes. Also available is the Summer 2018 Continuing Education Schedule of Classes.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110, (630) 942-2208
Fax: (630) 942-3785
Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage