A Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project's overall success. CSMs understand Scrum values, practices and applications, while providing a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. CSMs act as "servant leaders," helping the rest of the Scrum team work together and learn the Scrum framework. CSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions.
Saturday and Sunday, March 3 and 4
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On campus in Glen Ellyn
The ScrumMaster is one of the three roles on agile teams using the Scrum Framework. Scrum is becoming the standard way of working in the modern digital and agile companies.
By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) certification you:
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices.
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge.
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified ScrumMaster’s role from the best minds in Scrum.
- Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous
As a CSM, you will be able to:
- Fill the role of ScrumMaster or Scrum team member. Through the certification process, you will gain an understanding of the Scrum framework, including team roles, activities, and artifacts.
- Have access to a 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance.
- Through your Scrum Alliance membership enjoy member-only benefits including local user groups, online social networks, and deep discounts on gatherings.
- Use a specially designed logo to highlight your credentials.
With a 98% certification success rate, this unique and intensive learning experience in problem solving is designed for any professional at any level in any industry. This workshop is offered in partnership with Glen Ellyn-based Oobeya Group.
This course is current with the Scrum Alliance 2017 Learning Objectives.
How Certification Works
- After successfully completing this course, you will need to pass the CSM exam. The exam is included in the program. To attain a passing score, you must correctly answer 24 of the 35 questions. The exam taken online through the Scrum Alliance.
- After you pass the CSM exam, you will be asked to accept the License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
- You will be eligible for 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) upon completion of this course.
About the Instructor:
Lowell Lindstrom View his LinkedIn Profile
- Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Professional, Certified Scrum Trainer
- Kanban Coaching Professional, Kanban Management Professional
- Founder of The Oobeya Group, a Chicago-area firm enabling success with agile and lean
methods for product development
Students will be expected to read and be familiar with the Scrum Guide prior to the course.
- ScrumMaster is one of the top 25 paying jobs on Glassdoor.
- 82% believe certification has helped their Scrum Practice according the 2017 State
of Scrum Survey.
Certified ScrumMaster® is a registered trademark of SCRUM ALLIANCE®, Inc.
Contact Continuing Education
To register or for detailed program information, call Continuing Education at (630) 942-2208 or email CE@cod.edu. You may also register online. To view our complete program listing, see the Spring 2018 Continuing Education Schedule of Classes.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110, (630) 942-2208
Fax: (630) 942-3785
Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage