Whether as an individual or in a group, College of DuPage students and staff continuously impact our community through service. Here are just a few ways we have made a Great Impact on the lives of others:
2017 Action Hero Activities:
- Fur and Feathers - COD Cares Spring Day of Action: "Paws" for a cause activities benefiting animal shelters and humane societies.
- Glendale Heights Senior Center: Enjoyed lunch and facilitated a friendly Family Feud competition with seniors.
- Operation Support Our Troops: Sorted and packed familiar American candies and personal hygiene items for troops overseas.
- Special Olympics Spring Games: Supported athletes as they competed in the regional Special Olympics Track & Field Competition on campus
2016 Action Hero Activities:
- Phil's Friends: Filled care boxes with feel good essentials for cancer patients.
- #Giving Tuesday: Coordinated on-campus blood drive.
- Teen Parent Connection: Shared a meal and taught crafts to parents and toddlers
- S.C.A.R.C.E.: Sorted, melted and molded new crayons from used, donated crayons
- Glen Ellyn Children's Resource Center: Listened to and read favorite stories with children in after school program
- DuPage Habitat for Humanity: Armed with paint brushes, hammers, and lots of energy, we helped make a house into a home.
2015 Action Hero Activities:
- Danada Parson's Grove: Cleared overgrowth on walking trails. View photos.
- Mayslake Village: Visited with residents and recorded special memories.
- Very Merry Un-Birthday Party: Wrapped gifts for children receiving assistance from Humanitarian Service Project (HSP).
- Honor Flight Chicago: Greeted 86 WWII veterans at Midway Airport. View photos.
- Little Friends: Cleared gardens and planted more than 4,000 tulips to brighten the Naperville campus.
- Downers Grove Community Church's Community Cares Kitchen: Prepared and served meals to individuals who are less fortunate. View photos.
- Giving Garland Holiday Party: Wrapped and delivered hundreds of holiday gifts for clients of Humanitarian Service Project (HSP) and Metropolitan Family Services (MFS), Wrote holiday greetings for Hines VA Hospital and DuPage Senior Citizens Council.
Making a house a home with Habitat for Humanity
Serving meals at Downers Grove Caring Kitchen
Cleaning day at DuPage Children’s Museum
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage