Volunteers Needed for these community events:
- Downers Grove Park District is looking for some "hoppy" volunteers for the Flashlight Egg Hunt Thursday, April 2 from 7:00-8:30pm at McCollum Park and the Bunny Hop and Egg Hunt– Saturday, April 4 from 10:00am-12:15pm at the Recreation Center. To volunteer, email email@example.com.
- Charlie's Gift Autism Center will hold the 7th Annual Walk the Walk for Autism Sunday, April 27 at the Community House in Hinsdale. Proceeds from the 3-mile walk will benefit children and families served by Charlie's Gift Autism Center. Click here to register.
- COD Dental Hygiene students are collecting packaged non-perishable food, pet food, household cleaners, diapers and wipes etc., to stock the shelves at Loaves & Fishes in Naperville.The collection box is located in the HSC-1122. Items will be collected through April 17th.Click here for a list of needed items.
Community Organizations Requesting COD Cares Support
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If you love projects and would like to give back to the community, please contact Linda Gurgone, director of grants, at 630-620-2222 or by email at LindaG@Raygraham.org.
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs your help. To find out how you can be part of the solution, click the link.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional and affordable housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter. To offer your time and talent, click on the link above.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Which charity calls you an "Action Hero"? Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Ami Chambers, Community Relations Coordinator, (630) 942-3823
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage