Event Volunteers Needed:
- Downers Grove Park District Flashlight Egg Hunt on Thurs., April 2 from 7-8:30 p.m. at McCollum Park (email email@example.com)
- Downers Grove Park District Bunny Hop and Egg Hunt on Sat., April 4 from 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. at the Recreation Center. (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Truffula Shuffula 5K on Sat., April 25 at 9 a.m. in downtown Lombard. Proceeds benefit The Golden Apple Foundation. (marlas5k.com)
- Charlie's Gift Autism Center will hold the 7th Annual Walk the Walk for Autism on Sun., April 27 at the Community House in Hinsdale. Click here to register or volunteer.
- Metropolitan Family Services Gala at Bobak's Seven Bridges in Woodridge on Fri., May 1 at 5:15 p.m. (email email@example.com)
- NAMI DuPage is holding an evening fundraiser called "A Starry Night" on Sat., May 9 at the Marriott in Naperville. (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chicagoland Muscle Walk to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association at Cantigny Park in Wheaton on Sat., May 16 from 7:30am-12:30pm. (call Becky at 630-598-0700)
Ongoing Service Opportunities:
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If interested, please email Linda Gurgone, or call her at 630-620-2222..
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs your help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Which charity calls you an "Action Hero"? Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Ami Chambers, Community Relations Coordinator, (630) 942-3823
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage