Event Volunteers Needed:
(COD Cares compensated service hours are only applicable to group service activities listed on the monthly calendar and, therefore, are not applicable to the following list of events.)
- Westmont Relay for Life needs volunteers to set up, work the walk, and clean up on Fri., May 29 at Ty Warner Park. To volunteer, email email@example.com.
- The Illinois Torch Run for Special Olympics will be held Sunday, June 7. Law enforcement officers from College of DuPage as well as surrounding suburban agencies will take part in the run through DuPage County. To get involved, contact Det. Raul Valladares at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Downers Grove Park District Concert Series is looking for volunteers to help host the concerts held each Tuesday at 7 p.m. from June 2 to August 25. Click here to volunteer for one or several concerts.
- Downers Grove/Woodridge Relay for Life needs volunteers to set up, work the walk, and clean up on Fri. June 26. at McCollum Park. To volunteer, email email@example.com.
- Course marshals are needed for the Downers Grove 5Miler Sunday, June 28 at 6 a.m. Volunteers will receive a t-shirt and breakfast. To sign up or for further information, email Kari at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bike to the Lake with pim-africa on Mon., Aug. 8 and help fund the construction of a S.T.E.M. Center at the Kamwenge School in Uganda. Ride from Glen Ellyn to Lake Geneva, WI. Call 312-551-0900 for details.
Ongoing Service Opportunities:
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If interested, please email Linda Gurgone, or call her at 630-620-2222..
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs your help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Which charity calls you an "Action Hero"? Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Ami Chambers, Community Relations Coordinator, (630) 942-3823
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage