Event Volunteers Needed:
(COD Cares compensated service hours are only applicable to group service activities listed on the monthly calendar and, therefore, are not applicable to the following list of events.)
- Bike to the Lake with pim-africa on Mon., Aug. 8 and help fund the construction of a S.T.E.M. Center at the Kamwenge School in Uganda. Ride from Glen Ellyn to Lake Geneva, WI. Call 312-551-0900 for details.
- S.C.A.R.C.E. (School and Community Assistance for Recycling and Composting Education) needs volunteers to distribute books and school supplies to families in need at the annual DuPage Back To School Fair at the Odeum Expo in Villa Park. You can gather books on Tuesday, Aug. 4 or help kids select books and supplies on Wednesday, Aug. 5. Call 630-545-97190 to sign up.
- Humanitarian Service Project is busy collecting school supplies for needy kids. Check out the school supply wish list here and drop off donations by August 21 to HSP Center, 465 Randy Road in Carol Stream. Call 630-221-8340 for information.
Ongoing Service Opportunities:
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If interested, please email Linda Gurgone, or call her at 630-620-2222..
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs your help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Which charity calls you an "Action Hero"? Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Ami Chambers, Community Relations Coordinator, (630) 942-3823
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage