Event Volunteers Needed:
(COD Cares compensated service hours are only applicable to group service activities listed on the monthly calendar and, therefore, are not applicable to the following list of events.)
- Humanitarian Service Project is busy collecting school supplies for needy kids. Check out the school supply wish list here and drop off donations by August 21 to HSP Center, 465 Randy Road in Carol Stream. Call (630) 221-8340 for information.
- Operation Support Our Troops needs volunteers to help with their Shop and Drop donation event Friday and Saturday, Sept. 11 and 12 at local Jewel food stores. To volunteer, call Betty Krupp at (630) 971-1150.
Ongoing Service Opportunities:
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If interested, please email Linda Gurgone, or call her at (630) 620-2222..
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs your help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Which charity calls you an "Action Hero"? Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Ami Chambers, Community Relations Coordinator, (630) 942-3823
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage