Lee Denim Day Oct. 2, 2014
Rock your jeans and support the efforts of the American Cancer Society's fight to end breast cancer. Join TEAM COD by making a donation and wearing your favorite jeans Thursday, October 2, 2014. Feel free to add a little pink to your ensemble for the group photo at 2 p.m. at the bottom of the grand staircase near the cafeteria.
Make a difference by making a donation to the American Cancer Society here. Return to the site often to watch TEAM COD's progress toward our 2014 goal of $2,000.
Upcoming Community Events
- Family Shelter Service is hosting the annual 5K/10K run Sunday, September 28 at Downers Grove North High School. They are looking for volunteers to help with registration and kid's activities, act as course marshals, serve at food tables and distribute water on the course. Click here for further information or to register.
- Jane Lelugas, an editor in Marketing and Communications, is putting together a team to participate in the 2014 Walk to End Alzheimer's. The 5k walk will take place Sunday, September 21 in Naperville. If you would like to join Jane's team, contact her at email@example.com.
- Run, walk or volunteer to help support NAMI DuPage at the 26th Annual Run for the Mind & BBQ Saturday, October 11 at St. James Farm, Warrenville. For specific volunteer opportunities, contact Krista at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Organizations Requesting COD Cares Support
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs your help. To find out how you can be part of the solution, click the link.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional and affordable housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter. To offer your time and talent, click on the link above.
- Sharing Connections aids low-income families in DuPage County by providing them with new and used furniture and household items. You can make a donation, offer your services or participate in the annual golf outing. Click the link to learn more.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Which charity calls you an "Action Hero"? Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Ami Chambers, Community Relations Coordinator, (630) 942-3823
2014 College of DuPage