B.R. Ryall YMCA
49 Diecke Drive
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Name and Position of Contact Person:
Karen Pierce-Human Resources
Days/Hours Available for Service Learners:
Monday – Friday (Variable Shifts Available) 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.& 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. & 4 p.m. -5:30 p.m.
Description of Organization:
The Y is one of the nation's leading nonprofits dedicated to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Founded in 1919, the B.R. Ryall YMCA of Northwestern DuPage County serving Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Glendale Heights, Winfield, Warrenville, West Chicago and Carol Stream for close to a century. The Y understands what our community needs to be its best. We provide the opportunity to be healthy and thrive, to connect with others and to contribute to help our neighbors in need. Everything our Y does is in service of making us—as individuals and a community—better. But we can't do it alone. As a nonprofit, it is only with the support of our donors and community partners that we can nurture the potential of children and teens, improve community health and well-being, and support those in need, right here in your own neighborhood.
Our Cause: We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. That's why at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors in 10,000 communities across the country to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Our Values: The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Our Mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Description of Service Learner Role:
The School Enrichment Program Service Learner Role – shall assist facilitators and program leads in implementing before and after school care and enrichment programming in local elementary schools. Must be dedicated to serving our Youth in the following the Y's core values and in the areas of educational assistance, character development and social growth.
- Assist in the day-to-day direction of participants in the after school enrichment programming at a designated site location in Glen Ellyn.
- Set up/clean-up site, as needed.
- Have direct involvement with children and act as mentor to program participants.
- Monitor, guide and redirect children's behaviors, as necessary.
- Organize and maintain all equipment and supplies.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have capacity to make decisions and communicate effectively with participants, parents and school staff.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
Number of Placements Available:
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage