Almost Home Kids
7 S 721 Rte. 53
Naperville, IL 60540 (Woodridge township)
Name and Position of Contact Person:
Lisa Snow, Community Outreach Coordinator
Days/Hours Available for Service Learners:
Any day between the hours of 10:00am & 6:00pm
Description of Organization:
Almost Home Kids located in Naperville (Woodridge Township) IL, provides a Transitional Care Program for children with complicated health care needs who are ready to be discharged from a hospital but for whom preparations at home need to be made. In a comforting, homelike setting, children receive 24-hour medical and nursing care from pediatric nurses.
Description of Service Learner Role:
Interact appropriately with a child who is medically fragile according to the age of development and capabilities of the child. Participate with the child in story time, board games, reading books, music, rocking babies and providing companionship. Assist with Administrative duties or yard work as needed is also an option.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation (register with Lisa Snow via email - Orientations fill quickly)
- Current negative TB test (with-in 1 year)
- Flu shot during Flu season – October 1st to May 1st
- Background check with DCFS (agency will file)
- Commitment to volunteer schedule
- Understanding of children with special medical needs
Number of Placements Available:
12 per semester
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258, (630) 942-2230
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2014 College of DuPage